The Wine & Vine was born out of the desire to renovate and rejuvenate the 1912 grape arbor.
Profits from the event have gone toward repairing the area along the hill side including grading, creating a retaining wall, planting, and much more.
Watch this short video to find out more.
The arbor was built in 1912, when Mother Thecla
(Mother General from 1898-1925), herself quite the artist, undertook the beautification of the convent grounds.
Her first project was to order the grounds to be landscaped into the present convent park.
Next was the stately pebble dash grape arbor built
along the western edge of the convent.
Our hope for the arbor is that it would continue to be a place of beauty, quiet and reflection for others and ourselves and remain a hidden treasure of solitude. In addition, we would
be grateful for it's providing an abundance of fruits for the nourishment of body and spirit. Through the generosity of others and yourself, we will be able to continue the maintenance of the arbor and surrounding green space.
3:30pm - 7:00pm included in ticket price
Celebrate Christmas in August
with the Sisters of St. Francis of Assisi
This year's total proceeds support the building project.
In 2009, Sr. Stella DeVenuta, also an artist in the congregation, embarked on a campaign to help refurbish the 1912 arbor . The progressive deterioration of the structure and the aging of the vines needed to be addressed. The first step was pruning! Under the tutelage of a friend, originally from Italy, a small crew of sisters, gathered by Sr. Margaret Kruse, trimmed the vines to encourage the growth of new grapes.